Sunday, March 12, 2006

You call that a halftime show?






I was born in Grand Forks,North Dakota and I'm proud of my UND Fighting Sioux hockey! As far as I know there were never any riots over some piss-ant college football game. It was not a "football town with a drinking problem". In fact,I think the only football that was ever on tv were the Minnesota Vikings...in between North Stars games,of course. It was cold there. But you knew it was going to be cold. None of this 60 degrees one minute and 10 degrees the next and all the bronchitis that goes along with it. (My dad said there were outlets on the parking meters in downtown grand forks so you could plug your electric dipstick in and your engine wouldn't freeze.) There was no slush. It was cold and clear and you could count on ice skating and pond hockey. And not only deers would stroll up in your back yard...sometimes a bison would too! Which brings me to my conundrum regarding all the pride with OSU and it's football program. You call that a halftime?! It's just a frickin' nut in a sweater jumping around and waving a flag. Check out the cheer team at UND...on SKATES...with LASERS AND SMOKE...and,I'm sure,some techno music. Take the latest poll...be heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home