Sunday, December 25, 2005

Brushes with celebrities!!!


I PISSED OFF RICK NASH!
It's a true story. I manage a store at a big,local mall. Most days are your average degredation that comes along with being the manager of a retail establishment. Then some days are the kinda thing that dreams are made of. If you're a hockey fan.
A lot of hockey players come to easton town center and in the year and a half that I've worked there I've met Sergei Zubov,Mike Modano,Dan Fritsche,Jody Shelley,Chris Chelios,Adam Graves,Brian Leetch,Marc Denis,Tyler Wright...to name a few. This past monday I met two ore blue jackets in a period of 10 minutes.
This tall,goofy guy walks in with some random,blonde,big-boobed bimbo and I greet them,"how's it goin'?" I go on w/ my work as we were very busy. As the guy walked around the back of the store and came up on me (walking back towards the front of the store) I recognized him.
"Rick Nash?"
He took a long look at me and reluctantly replied,"Yeahhhhhh." What? He was afraid he was going to be mobbed?
"When you coming back and playing?"
"I don't know. Couple of weeks. Hopefully."
"Looks like you're getting around ok." He shot me a pissy look.
"Yuh...well...walkin'...skatin'...two different things."
We just nodded at each other. He leaned over and whispered something to the bimbo.
As he continued to walk through my store I followed behind him and moved racks away from him (as if I didn't want him to run into them or touch them). I think it confused him b/c he didn't know if I was actually WORKING or doing it to be a smart-ass. Lol.
As he was leaving I put my arm out (like,"whoa!") and pointed to the corner edge of the door and said,"hey! alright! be careful,rick! alright?"
He was not amused. At all.
Lol.
(From a friend of mine!) There is nothing more gratifying than bizarre brushes with celebrities. I was drunk making obscene hand gestures towards the butt of this cute blonde at last years frozen four, when I turned to see Jody Shelley staring at me. He just smiled at me and went over to the girl and put his arm around her.Oops! Fun stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home